Thursday, 8 September 2011

with apologies to Nick Cave

This is one of the girl's favourite You Tube videos at the mo. The Sydney Opera House reinterprets Nick Cave's The Ship Song. Very beautiful.


However when I had a juice-bottle toting toddler crawling all over me in bed yesterday while I tried to lie perfectly still to stave off cramps and nausea (a 24h bug NOT what I'm sure you're all thinking right now), I rewrote the song to give it more relevance to my life right now.

"Come spill your juice around me,
And let your crumbs rain down.
You are a little sticky to me,
Every time you come around."

3 comments:

  1. The Ship Song is one of the lullabies I hum to my little bob, so this post made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls have good taste! Pierre and my first dance at our wedding - don't think we were quite as graceful.

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice