Thursday, 1 September 2011

baby products - how not to use them

True stories all.

When Friday was just over a year old I managed to lose a small tube of Teejel in her nappy. The child whinged for hours while I got increasingly impatient with her, finally finding the hard metal tube wedged between her soft 'n downy buttocks at the next change.
Bad mother.

A friend stopped up the leaks in her aged VW Beetle for one whole winter using disposable nappies. Using the cheapest brand on the market was less expensive than the repair work would've been.
A good idea once she figured out (as every mother does) that if you don't change the nappies frequently enough they split, filling (in this case her car), with those revolting little gel balls ....
Resourceful mother.

The other night, in hurried end-of-day meltdown avoidance, I liberally squeezed Fissan Paste onto Friday's toothbrush and started brushing. Have you ever had zinc coat the roof of your mouth? Judging by her facial expression it's not very nice.
Distracted mother.

Baby products - really only to be used as per insert instructions.

C'mon, 'fess up - have you ever done anything this stupid funny?


3 comments:

  1. The nappies I use on my co-sleep bobbel sometimes leak in the night, but instead of changing the sheet, out of exhaustion I cursingly change her nappy, then put another one on top of the wet spot, then lie on it... Too tired mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so done that! Using the sticky tabs to secure it and alles. New meaning to sleeping in the wet spot huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard keeping a straight face thinking of Friday brushing her teeth!

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice