1. Painting my toenails.
2. Running the cold tap for a while, waiting for the water to cool (and thinking about coming water restrictions).
3. The wheelie-bin starting to pong 3 days before rubbish collection.
4. Taking the dog for a walk on the beach and coming home with all of us wet and sandy, even those who'd not intended to swim.
5. Salty hair.
6. Flies.
7. Mosquitoes.
8. 2 bare girls running round the house.
9. Salad for supper. (Actually this is more of a fantasy. Obviously I'm the only member of the family who thinks this a viable option ... )
10. Random moments - catching the scent of summer, the feel of changed air on bare skin, gazing at the haze on the mountain as dusk falls - and feeling a deep peace and happiness.
Summer is my happy place. It's going to be a good one.
Sounds divine, although our summer is just coming to a close around here. (Not that means a huge change for us in Florida) We're looking forward to pumpkin bread and scarfish weather.
ReplyDeleteps- What's with men and salads? It's not like I'm asking him to wear pink leg-warmers and join me in some craft-making. It's just salad.
ok, first of all...did you skip spring or what? because it's still autumn here and I'M NOT READY FOR WINTER! and secondly, what the heck is "starting to pong" (i'm getting old school atari visuals here, but i'm older than you). and thirdly, we still have flies too, they could leave now, as i've had enough.
ReplyDeleteYeah, spring was kinda short this year. 'Pong' is to be stinky, I'd not realised how very English the term was until now!
ReplyDeleteAnd thirdly, don't send them here!
PS Stephanie - I'm def going to present those alternative options next time I'm campaigning for salad for supper :)
oh god, am so not looking fwd to the mosquitoes. must but a mosquito net this time around.
ReplyDeleteZ