I love this fantastic list of Top 10 Cape Town restaurants with kid's play places, and I'm pleased to add another, this one very well located for Southern Suburbs parents.
Rhodes Memorial Tea Garden.
Not known for it's kiddie-friendliness over the years, Rhodes Mem Tea Room has been more geared towards ladies who lunch and visiting tourists. But recently, under new management, they've built a fab children's play area, complete with jungle-gym, swings, slide and great sand-pit. Shady and protected for the summer, with darling mini-tables and toadstool seats, this was the perfect place to meet some school mates for play and a milkshake on a hot afternoon.
My photos don't do justice to the gorgeous views from up here, I was too busy
But trust me on this, a run around the memorial followed by some shady play, tanked up on milkshakes and chips, made this one of the funnest afternoons we spent during this short holiday.
We'll be back!


Its nice to know it is worth a visit again. For a long time its been a place of incredibly good views, and an incredibly bad tearoom!
ReplyDeleteI know!
ReplyDeleteThe whole outside area has been over-hauled and is much more pleasant. And shady!
I predict we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer - we should meet for a drink!
haven't actually been here yet *puts it on list* definitely going to make a mission!
ReplyDelete