Friday, 7 October 2011

international blogger of mystery

So, confession time ...

I've been blogging for a number of years. But I never actively sought followers for the other one, that was always my piece of the internet where I ranted and laughed and worked stuff out for myself and occasionally used Very Bad Language.
Starting C is for Cape Town has been my first experience of really making use of the blogging community. It's my first time on Twitter and my first time networking with other related blogs and writers. And so far it's been really rewarding.

It was on Twitter that I saw Bod-for-Tea's call for non-UK bloggers to contribute to her Parenting around the Planet theme and I was very pleased when she used my post to kick off the series.

This week saw the second post, a funny parenting story from a Canadian contributor, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Thanks Bod, for my first guest-posting experience. This seasoned blogger is learning all the time!

Bod for tea

2 comments:

  1. I just popped over to read your guest post. For those of us who do not live in Africa, who do not face your daily challenges and stresses, it was so helpful to catch a glimpse into your life. Thank you. The 'demanding versus loving the parenting' see saw and the beauty of CT and babes was great. If you don't have an opinion about parenting then I think you can be too detached from your kids and clearly you are NOT doing the parenting. My parenting style may ring some bells for you.... When my small boys hear of something that is clearly inappropriate or potentially damaging, I don't shy away from it or try to cover it up - I use it as a tool to teach them or to give them a simple but clear view of what life can be like. There's no bad. There's no shame. There's no cover up. I think it can be a good thing because they get to hear my values and my principles of life, first. I can also build on this later. I'm wondering what your other blog was or is???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different sides of the world, similar parenting styles!
    Yup, never avoid the topic, never mislead, try never to scare but always be truthful. We do it the same regardless of the different environments we live in.
    Shew, this is a BIG job :)

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice