I (like lots of parents I guess) approach the holidays with a fair amount of
Fairly quickly our rhythms shift and adapt, the girls start sleeping in a bit later. Not starting our days with a mad dash to get out the door sets an easier tone for the rest of the day and most noticeably, the girls slip more easily into home-play; self-generated games and activities which don't require as much input from me as I
Here's hoping at least!
That said, it doesn't hurt to have some activities up my sleeve. Here's a few I've got planned.
All from Pinterest of course!
1. Bath Paint
I've totally been known to put my girls in the bath at all times of the day. BEST way to grab half an hour. This would work as well in a paddling pool I guess but what better canvas than a white bath tub?
2. Rainbow Rice
Find the How-To here and then browse around - she's got lots of other fun ideas too.
3. Frozen Sensory Tub
Dudes, what a totally FAB idea for a hot afternoon? Go here to learn how, then check out ALL the other a-m-a-z-i-n-g sensory tub ideas she got going on and then dangnabit just go follow her on Pinterest yourself. [Bows to true genius.]
4. And for snack time ... watermelon stars.
How pretty?
Just writing this post has gotten me excited about hot afternoons and summer fun, I'll post some more ideas as I find them and by all means, please share your holiday survival plans!
Totally copying the watermelon stars idea for my daughters birthday party on Sunday, and wishing I had a friendly neighbour with a chest freezer for the giant ice block, the glory...
ReplyDelete