Tuesday, 1 November 2011

on Tuesday I was ...

... shaking off the aftertaste of a bad dream I had about someone I love. You know when a dream lingers with you, like day-old garlic after an Italian blowout?

... getting back into the swing of things after a long few weeks of battling an asthmatic chest infection. Grumpy + wheezy = no fun me.

... wishing I'd not given most of these to trick or treaters on Monday evening.

they're supposed to be egg & bacon ok? some more dr seuss than others ...
... and wishing they'd looked more like these. We'll simply have to make them again soon. How did they get theirs so shiny?

... visiting a ginormously pregnant friend and feeling oh so grateful to not be wearing her shoes.

... remembering not to let Friday know that Sunday spent an illicit morning alone with Granny. The betrayal!

... trying to buy sturdy but pretty summer sandals for Friday. What is up with girl's shoes? It's actually a rant post all of it's own.

... imagining you all yawning with boredom while reading this less than entertaining list.

Oh and ...

... playing Santa to the lucky winner of our Yummy Mummy Maternity giveaway! Congrats Janene Thompson!
I kinda think that made my day.

4 comments:

  1. I think mine are shinier because they're not totally set yet. And once you put them in the fridge, the chocolate will get "dull" looking. Maybe let them set out in the open and not in the refrigerator?
    I think they look very very yummy!!!
    nancy-of the crazy 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Janine its an absolutely great prize!

    Loving the fried eggs and bacon on a cupcake! LOL! What a great combo! Maybe yours isnt as shiny because its a different chocolate? Either way I prefer my eggs without the "oily" look LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i swear i commented on this (or dreamed i did)...i love that you made these the very day we pinned them. i need to do that more often, but often i never make it too far from the keyboard...my bad.

    very well done!!
    xox,
    /j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks J, yes sometimes the urge to make will not be denied - especially when it comes to baking! And something I can do with the girls (hence the green 'yolks' from the Dr Seuss fan).
    I am trying to be conscious about using some of the 'pinspiration' I get online.
    x

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice