Thursday, 17 November 2011

are you sitting comfortably?

Then I'll begin ...

The kind Cupcake Mummy bestowed upon me this lil' blog award [blush] and according to the Rules (which I may or may not obey) I'm to divulge 7 things you may not have known about me. Hmmm.

I quite like doing these meme's. They tap into my fantasies from (and not limited to) my childhood in which I'm asked to reveal my Top 10 favourite things, or what I always have in my fridge, or who my dream date would be or my greatest wish (duh, world peace) - you know, all those questions schlebs get asked.
And in the spirit of keeping it real this week, here goes ...


1. If you'd asked me before I started doing this I would never have thought I'd be a (mainly) stay-at-home Mum for as long as I have been. Still not sure quite how it happened ... and often still not sure exactly how I feel about it ...

2. I have bufunophobia, a fear of toads. Don't laugh! It's a real thing. I don't think I could ever live in Tokai cos of all those Leopard Toad signs they have up there. In fact, I've had a couple of nasty moments while driving after spotting Protect the Toad bumper stickers. In fact, having just typed the word a couple of times I'm feeling a bit shaky and ill.

3. I can't touch cheese with wet hands. This is actually quite a tough one to admit to as I'm a bit mean and scathing about people's hang ups. Can't touch cotton wool? Oh come on. Don't like corduroy? Puh-lees. But ja, cheese and wet hands - can't do it.

4. I'm 36 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

5. I lack the basic motor skill which determines the order in which to pick up multiple items. Faced with having to carry more than 4 things I'm a mess - dropping stuff and/or spraining fingers or wrists. This is particularly unhelpful when one of those items is a small child.

6. I'd still like to grow dreadlocks one day. Crusty hey? Maybe when I'm over 60, I reckon grey dreadlocks can be pretty cool and no one would dare say anything to me then right?

7. And just because I've always wanted to answer this question: anchovies, Greek yoghurt, beer, eye drops and eggs.

Now I'm supposed to tag other bloggers on this one, but as I've just finished a day of sick kids and plumber cracks (in my walls and alas, in my face) and am looking forward to more of the same tomorrow, I'm going to rain-check on that, schedule this to publish in the morning and get myself into bed.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

it's nice to be important and important to be nice