Wednesday, 8 February 2012

baking brags # 2: cake pops

Sunday turns 2 next month. And naturally my thoughts have turned to birthday cake ...

I've long professed this is one of the main reasons I have children: birthday cakes. Friday got these awesome (yeah, it's called baking brags for a reason see) penguin cupcakes for her 2nd birthday. And last year I made cake pops for the little birthday celebration we had for Sunday's 1st.


As soon as I'd made them I knew they could be improved upon. I think this year I'll have to do just that.

You know cake pops right? Crazy, mad, nut-so concept. You bake a cake, smash it up, mix with frosting (you actually have to go with the American terminology on this one) 'til you get a, uh, cake dough consistency, then roll mix into little balls, poke with a stick and dip in melted chocolate.
Who does that?
Turns out, me.

Of course someone's already brought out a Cake Pop Maker, why wouldn't they? But I prefer a more authentic hand-rolled pop myself.

Now to decide on look and feel ... oh, and of course, taste ...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Molly, Just checking in and saying hello. I saw some cake-pops in Woolies the other day and was mighty tempted -- to buy and eat them but not to make them. Have to hand it to you! Still love your blog. Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine. They're much easier than they look - cake pops that is, not blogs!

      Delete
  2. Coincidentally, my husband brought home Woolies' cake pops for the boys for Valentine's Day. Bits and pieces were left behind on the table and on sticks. I sampled then scarfed every remaining crumb. I must be deprived! I'm sure homemade are even better.

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice