Friday, 13 July 2012

your baby magazine

Hey! I'm so pleased to be featured as this month's 'mommy blogger' in Your Baby magazine!

I'm never sure about this phrase 'mommy blogger' (sounds a little exclusive - a word which we credit with far more positivity than it deserves - don't you think? My thoughts on this are, as always, better crystalised by someone else, in this article.)

However, I'm damn pleased for the magazine feature - 2 pages! - and am print-virgin enough to feel a bit flushed and giggly at seeing my words in print. Thank you Your Baby!



9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Mahoosive congrats for your coverage :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that's cool! Remember me when you're famous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations about the article :) I so agree about the mommy blogger thing! I have been a blogger just about a month but already now thought many times that althought I would not like people to think me as a mommy blogger, probably many put me to that category. My blog is a lifestyle blog and my passion in writing is wellbeing and happiness. But when you are pregnant and you have a small child, it`s just a fact that the motherhood is one of my blog topics (and it`s quite hard to avoid writing about that because it`s also a big source of wellbeing and happiness in my life). But I would like people to see that it really is just ONE blog topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great - congrats molly! ps. loving your new banner too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to have that recognition - I wouldn't worry too much about the 'mommy blogger' label. My blog started out with a lot about the kids when they were small and was rather mommy bloggish, but has moved on with more emphasis on food and farm living now.
    Most of the blogs I was friends with back then have also either evolved into another focus as their kids have grown or stopped altogether. Not because the kids get less interesting of course.. ! Perhaps it's because we start to allow ourselves to focus more on our personal interests again once they are more independent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kit. There's also the factor of starting to give your kids more privacy when they get to an age where they need it ... maybe I need to move to a farm to start working on 'new material' ;-)

      Delete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice