Tuesday, 17 July 2012

glitter bags

Last day of school holidays and it rained and rained and rained.

Perfect time to try out a new craft project right?


Soooo pretty ... dyed rice, beads, feathers, glitter - what's not to love?


Stick a piece of contact paper on to a table top - sticky side up, masking tape on the corners. Draw a 'frame' around it if you're working on a light surface so they can see the boundaries, don backwards bicycle helmet (apparently crucial), divvy up the supplies and get sticking (and in Friday's case - singing)!


Observe the different techniques ...



When every last feather and glittery smidgen has been applied, top it off with a slightly larger piece of contact, fold over the edges and ta-daa!


Glitter bag!
(Although next time I think we'll hold back on the glitter a bit, it does rather take over - the project and the floor.)

Aaaaand 5 minutes later:


Can I hear it for the first day back at school today? Hoooooraaaaaaaaay!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely activity and demonstrators! Shame the aura didnt last a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, thanks for sharing!

    A cool way to make this project an eco-friendly one is to use decorative items from around the house and garden like pretty autumn leaves or some sand with glitter in it.

    Enjoy all the projects, we're looking forward to more!

    The 2nd Take Team,
    http://www.2ndtake.co.za/category/blog/a-take-on-kids/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of glittery sand, I guess one could adapt this project all kinds of ways - a beach theme with the Glittery Sand I Now Love, dried seaweed, shells etc - an autumnal theme, spring theme with pressed flowers etc etc etc. I think we'll be doing more of these in future!

      Delete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice