My friend Julochka has pledged to make one thing a day from Pinterest this week. Go see what she and her daughter made yesterday - it's so beautiful!
Coincidentally yesterday I found little multi-coloured ink pads at Plastics for Africa (love that shop) and got inspired to tackle a little from-Pinterest project of my own ...
Pencil eraser flag stamp. Very easy and fun.
A friend 'confessed' on facebook last night that she's alone at home for FIVE days while her husband's away with the kids and that got me enviously thinking what I'd do with that kind of time.
I'd craft.
I'd craft and craft and make and make and leave my messes and semi-completed projects all over the house. Because besides struggling to find the time for silly little craft projects I get so frustrated having to pack it all away every evening to avoid prying hands.
I know some say the answer is to involve the kids but sometimes, most times, a project like this is how I relax, it's my me-time and call me selfish, but I don't wanna share it.
I feel like I should add one of those sticking-out-tongue emoticons at the end of that sentence!

love this idea. i am currently obsessed with stamps after finding my childhood stash so can't walk past a shop who stocks them without buying a new one. but i love this idea and hadn't seen it before in all my pinterest wanderings - going to stock up on pencils today ;)
ReplyDeleteSuch fun, and so easy!
Deleteoh, fabulous! i've just completed project 2 (3 if you count the dotty nails) and am uploading as we speak. there was only one moment of near disaster when i set my fabric on fire, but it's all good now.
ReplyDeleteglad it inspired you to use a bit of pinspiration as well!
as for time alone, i get plenty of that and don't use it wisely enough. at all.
xox,
/j
Pending disaster just adds to the fun I think :) Husband was watching nervously as I cut the erasers with a craft knife ...
DeleteOh, being able to leave half-finished projects lying around is a great, rebellious feeling! I don't get enough of it. (I mean, there are plenty of half-finished things, but they're all on my studio floor where I trip over them.)Last time I had 5 days alone I set up on the kitchen table and ate 2 minute noodles for every meal. Bliss.
ReplyDeleteI DREAM and LUST after 5 days of ... crap food and beautiful projects!
Deletei clearly have too active of an imagination. because i immediately think 'she told facebook she was home alone??? not safe! not safe!'
ReplyDeleteso perhaps i would sit in the closet with all my free time wielding a weapon.
that is too funny ... I think you've had too little sleep lately you poor dear, hope your boy is much MUCH better x
Delete