Wednesday, 4 April 2012

easy egg decorating

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I.e. School holidays call for some crafting with the kids.


I got this idea from The Artful Parent, one of those online sources of much craft inspiration, and much parental desolation when one sees how beautiful and successful her craft projects with her kids are ...

I've said before how my Friday is not particularly into crafty projects, but I must confront my own reluctance to tackle them too.
I'm not a good (or patient) teacher when it comes to this kind of thing. I struggle with relinquishing control and while I'm by no means a neat freak, I really have to grin and bear the inevitable mess.
Maybe these are all reasons why we should do MORE crafty things, not less!

These were fun though. Hard-boiled eggs decorated with hole reinforcement stickers and then soaked in food dye baths.
Sunday's egg only got 4 stickers, Friday's got as many as they could handle and I played a bit too.

And then they got eaten for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. i love your eggs. and the colors are so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice