Sunday started school last week. She's loving it. At 12h30 each day I am a happy calm big person collecting a happy calm little person from school.
This is good.
A dear friend treated me to a spa morning at the Arabella on Friday. I had a 65 minute massage.
This is so very, very good.
I've had a lingering malingering coldy flu bug which come this Friday will have been around for 2 weeks.
This is not so good.
This afternoon we found the eviscerated carcass of a pigeon on our lawn, not work which either of our cats, or dog, could have accomplished. Consensus is that a bird of prey had it's lunch in our Norfolk pine.
This is actually quite cool.
Did I tell you we had an otter on our lawn a few weeks back?
This is utterly amazing.
We've spent many still sunny late afternoons on the beach recently. Autumn reminds us every year of its magnificence in blue and gold.
This is a blessing.
Our small elderly ginger cat has pissed on the (carpeted!) stairs again. Every time she walks across the room Husband snarls 'Dead cat walking.'
This is potentially not good.
My big girl, at dinner this evening, regaled us in graphic detail on the two methods in which babies could be born, and tried to decided whether she would have a home or hospital birth. I casually asked, 'Is this something you're talking about at school at the moment?'
She answered, 'No Mum, we're talking about road safety.'
This is funny.
I'm going to Jo'burg this weekend to play with my bestie and pat her apparently enormous bump before she becomes a mother of two soon.
I am going to Jo'burg by myself to see my friend.
This is the very best of all.
Loved this post :) And enjoy your trip to Jozi!
ReplyDeleteI love that you get time for you now. Its so vital, and you don't realize until you've had it again, how much you missed it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the bump rubbing and not having to constantly do a spot check for where the kids are at over lunch this weekend. Bliss :)
Thanks for your kind words ladies!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your alone time with your bestie!
ReplyDeleteHigh five to your husband. (That is funny albeit not so funny I guess but still funny. Sorry.)
ReplyDelete