Take kids to school. Dash to Checkers for some necessary
groceries. Deliberate through aisles, make snap decisions, ring through
checkout, reach into bag ... no wallet.
Abandon purchases. Drive home cursing. Find wallet. Rue the
time lost and the lack of milk for that desperately needed second cup of tea.
Turn on computer. No internet. Inquiry reveals Telkom has
suspended account due to missed payment. More cursing.
Embark on 45 minute forensic investigation of the last 6
months bills and payments with morose internet-less husband.
Did I mention husband is home with manflu?
Weep.
Do mountains of laundry.
Dash to pharmacy. Inadvertently bust virile looking young
man buying Impotex. Am reminded that some have it worse off than me.
Realise not enough time remains to buy necessary groceries
so proceed to collect small girl from school first.
Return to Checkers. Put child in trolley. Push trolley over
unforeseen bump, child flies forward and splits lip on trolley. Screaming.
Cursing.
Child calms but refuses to be cleaned up. Proceed through
shop with blood-smeared sobbing child.
Collect big girl. Return home.
To find this waiting.
And so, between that frustrating morning, and before an
afternoon walk which continued in the same vein. A walk which included being
rained on and dog getting small branch wedged in her throat (more cursing,
sotto vocce this time).
Thank you Converse for never failing to make me happy. Thank
you Marimekko for collaborating with happy-making Converse. Thank you Heather
for cluing me onto these in the first place. And thank you Citymob for a
speedy and excellently-timed delivery.
Life can kick me in the head with these anytime.



as I scrolled down, I got actual goose bumps. there's nothing that new converse can't fix.
ReplyDeleteYup! I had goosebumps while waiting for the courier to get the package from his van - I was so hoping he'd appear with a box, but so preparing myself for it being a boring envelope. Luckily it wasn't!
DeleteDitto. Ditto. Ditto.
ReplyDeleteExtended family dramas smashing into extended family dramas stretching my last nerve (and Mandela-Rand) to the max.
Then a message in my inbox to say there's a new blog from 'C is for Cape Town'. And there was a look into Converse heaven. A quick visit to their website didn't turn up your dotty Converses but DC Comics and Dr Seuss(!) was there. Yay!
Now to figure out if I'm brave enough to do my first ever online purchase of shoes (with all their size issues).
Thanx, I think. At least I'll be leaking my hard-earned cash onto my own feet and not passing it out to bail out un-derserving family members!
Ooooo, let me know what you get!
Delete