Tuesday, 6 March 2012

monday morning

Yesterday morning unexpectedly turned into a quiet morning at home with Sunday. Not what I’d had planned for my Monday, but that’s how it worked out and despite having to tuck my massive To-Do list away, I was grateful.

I was grateful for the chance to spend a morning with my baby girl, one last precious morning alone with her before she turns 2.

I was grateful for the gratitude which made me not fret about what I wasn’t getting done, but fully enjoy what I was ... playing, eating grapes, pandering to her bizarre wardrobe decisions, hanging out.

But above all I was grateful, immensely grateful, for a life I’ve chosen which enabled me to change gears so easily, so smoothly.

Monday morning didn’t see me furthering my career, earning any money, organising anything, achieving much. Monday morning didn’t even see me brushing my hair ‘til midday.
Monday morning probably hardly noticed us at all, but we were there, in the moment, just spending time.

Spending time like we were the richest creatures on earth. 
On Monday morning I think I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

it's nice to be important and important to be nice