Thursday, 8 December 2011

I just have to add ...

That it flummoxes me that 'the largest bird park in Africa and one of the few large bird parks in the World', which offers visitors the unique opportunity to view, amongst other wondrous creatures: Marabou Stork, Kookaburra, Cassowaries, Golden Baboon, Porcupine, Duiker, Atacoma, Marmoset, Honey Badger, rare African Civet for goodness sakes, Birds of Paradise, Boa Constrictor etc etc etc ad nausea (that's if you inhale too deeply around the Flamingo), also offers this, in all seriousness.


The Magic Forest.

From the signs you'd think it was the most exciting part of the whole place. Your curiosity well piqued you thank your lucky stars you're not in a school group, make sure the toddler's sturdily strapped into her stroller, take the eldest firmly by the hand and push through the gate.


More promising signs of danger adventure to come.

And then, amongst the well-tended jungly pathways and the spine-tingling mossy gloom, you start encountering these ...



... no birds, no animals, the occasional ill-placed turd and more of these ...


... and sorry wtf is that?


It's unfathomable.

It's inexplicable.

It's uncannily like our lounge-room when the house still belonged to its previous owner, a 70+ yo pensioner with a penchant for hideous knick-knacks and the artful arranging thereof.


I need this one explained to me. I really, really do. Magic Forest of ultimate weirdness.

2 comments:

  1. So funny! I love kitsch, but I too would have been flabbered...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are obligated to post a pic of your lounge now... just to erase that other one from our collective consciousness...

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice