Thursday, 23 August 2012

if I were blogging ...

... all I'd be blogging about would be ...

Packing. And how I'm starting to wonder whether 'slow and steady wins the race' was the best approach. I feel like I've been packing my whole life and the real crunch only starts now ...


The Massive Cold Sore my body bequeathed me with just in case I was under the illusion that that I'm not stressed.

The Asshole Parent in Friday's school who bought her 6 year old daughter a BRA. The kid in question doesn't even have puppy fat boobies. I weep for humanity.

How I got 6 disturbing hits on this blog from a totally gross p-o-r-n site. Maybe I shouldn't be using words like b-o-o-b-i-e-s. I blame this post. Or maybe this one.

To confess that last week I became one of those parents who takes her 2 and a half year old to the doctor because omg there must be an explanation for the monstrous behaviour we've had inflicted on us recently right??
This is how that went ...
Me to doc: 'Either way I'm prepared to leave this consultation embarrassed. Either my kid has a raging ear infection I've been totally unaware of for the last week, or she's just 2 and a half and I'm an asshole.'
Doc: 'And you're hoping it's an ear infection.'
I love my doctor.
However, she examined Sunday from head to toe and declared her absolutely healthy.
'She's just preparing you for her teen years,' she said with a small smile.
I hate my doctor.


Not this kid surely? This delectable bundle of energy and imagination and observation and general delight?
The very same.

If I were blogging I fear I'd be totally boring and self-obsessed right now.
So I'm not.

6 comments:

  1. You're never boring. You're a breath of fresh air and my reminder that ALL 2 year old can be utterly vile and breathtakingly gorgeous at the same time. Hang on in there. Or up the gin measures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny!
    Sorry bout the cold sore.
    Hang in there.
    New spaces for them to be distracted by -when you get there.
    Let the boxes mess sit with you for months I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly darlin I moved when my bobcat was 3 months old and even though it nearly killed me I survived it, although I still haven't found time to unpack properly yet, she is almost 3 ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My moving recommendation: give shit away. My parenting recommendation: based on my experience...I got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, maybe she's just looking for a way of getting your attention away from all the boxes and all the packing, and back on to her! which hopeuflly means it will wear off once you've moved?
    good luck with the move - build in a weekend away having fun/rest in the middle of it to make sure you don't get so run down you get a monster germ (like I did!)
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Turns out she was teething!!! I really am an asshole parent ;-)

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice