But when it comes to favourites, especially things both my girls have worn, I just can't do it.
Not yet.
Friday, August 2008, 14 months old
There's all kinds of tutorials on the web about framing baby clothes. Even framing them with favourite photos of your kids wearing them. I can't really imagine myself doing that, and then I really can't imagine where one would hang such a thing.
The nostalgia is all mine, not theirs, and while husband will share a fond smile I don't think he's emotionally invested enough to welcome a framed item of small clothing into our living room!
Perhaps if I had a sewing room?
Sunday, April 2011, 13 months old
I guess for now I'll keep this little shirt, and the other couple of things I can't bear to part with, safely tucked away. Taking them out every now and then to sniff, and stroke, and remember the divinity of those chubby little limbs.
We mothers are a soppy bunch aren't we?
For some tips and ideas on keeping mementos, have a look at Martha Stewart's Memory Keeping Crafts and these two ideas from Ohdeedoh. Love that curio shelf!
For some tips and ideas on keeping mementos, have a look at Martha Stewart's Memory Keeping Crafts and these two ideas from Ohdeedoh. Love that curio shelf!


They look so alike in these shots! The light with Sunday is magical.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through Joanne Sandler's FB page and I can't stop reading! I live in Stockholm, Sweden with my South African husband and our soon 3 year old, 1,5 year old and soon new baby. We're planning to move to Cape Town in one year and I'm trying to find out as much as possible what it's actually like to live with kids in Cape Town.
And oh, definitely keep your favourite baby clothes for your future grand children! My mom did that and it's so cool to dress my kids up in my old clothes.
Anna
Hi Anna!
ReplyDeleteLiving with kids in CT is more wonderful than not. But I suppose one could say living with kids is more wonderful than not right?
Thanks for your kind words!