My car has been acting up. It's going fine, as long as I don't get stuck in traffic. Crawling along at slow speed quickly leads to great belches of black smoke and funny noises. Getting it fixed is on the To Do list ...
So when I realised the girls and I were 'stuck' in the Noordhoek area until after evening traffic abated yesterday, we decided to find somewhere to have a little supper.
And by happystance stumbled upon the Cape Point Vineyards Thursday Food Market.
Not a bad little spot to wait out the traffic right?
It's TOTALLY Cape Town. Vegan patisserie, craft beer, lily white patrons and views so profound your eyes and brain have to use every colour in their paint box to try and do it justice.
Vineyards, pretentious food, kids called Tucker and lots of hippies in BMW's. It's Cape Town see?
But the beauty. I can be grinchy about many things, but every day I have pause to gasp at the beauty of this place we live in - and there's an uncomplicated purity in that which appeases my cynical old heart.
The Cape Point Vineyard is a damn fine place to be briefly appeased.
Even that silly old car had a view!






We were in Johannesburg twice (adoption), but next time we will come to Cape Town! Love your country.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend.
Wow. Is it really a postcard everywhere?
ReplyDeleteYou know ... it's a city, in a complicated country with a turbulent history, so no, there are many grimy corners and shameful shack lands and windswept communities of people who were dumped in barren places by the old regime. There is urban decay and revolting 'modern' developments and eyesore shopping centres but all of the ugliness is (hu)manmade. The natural environment is picture perfect, unique, varied and extraordinarily beautiful. It's a pretty special place ...
DeleteWow, just popped over to your blog from SouleMama, and from the pictures in this post, I'm in! Don't know much about Cape Town except what everyone knows about it, so looking forward to learning something new!
ReplyDelete