Sunday, 17 June 2012

on father's day

I'm grateful that my father is such a big part of my life.

That he lives close by, that he loves unconditionally, that he makes me laugh, that I learn something new every time I see him and that he loves his granddaughters with insight and humour and absolute joy.

And these days, especially on Father's Day, I am grateful that my girls have a father - who is present, responsible, who loves them unconditionally, who makes them laugh, teaches them stuff, who is intuitive, inventive, patient, supportive, firm and ridiculously affectionate.

Long may they have him in their lives, and may they appreciate his presence every day.

On Father's Day I take a moment to think of all those women, strangers and friends, who are doing this amazingly huge job on their own. And for all those people,who no longer have a Dad in their lives.

Thank you Dad, and you husband-guy - thank for being here.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto for those raising children alone. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete

it's nice to be important and important to be nice